Motorbike Rental Terms and Conditions
Motorbike Rental Terms and Conditions
Motorbike Rental Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions relate to renting a motorcycle from Moto Explore Indonesia. If you need Terms and Conditions for the organised or custom tours, please refer elsewhere on this webpage.
The word "hire" refers to: "riding", "renting", "using" any of Moto Explore Indonesia's listed fleet.
The Names "Moto Explore Indonesia"," Moto Explore", "the company" , "our" , "us" and "we" refer to the Operator; as per item 1.
The word "bike" refers to "motorcycle", "motorbike", "unit"
The words "Client"," you", "I", "person", "participant" , "rider" , "individual", "renter", "firm", "body corporate", "unincorporated association" or any other body or entity or successor(s); or the plural form of the word refer to the entity making the booking and/or undertaking the hire of the motorcycle.
- The Rental Operator is PT. Moto Explore Indonesia of Ruko Permata Perumnas Bumi Telukjambe Jl.Wibisono Blok LA No. 16 RT.001 RW.019 Desa Sukaluyu, Kecamatan Telukjambe Timur, Kabupaten Karawang
- The Client unconditionally agrees to hire a motorbike compliant with rates as listed in Table 1.1, apparel/accessories with rates as listed in Table 1.2 and to pay for security bond with full knowledge of all Terms and Conditions and the potential for the security bond to be kept in part or in total in accordance with the documentation.
- The Client has an existing unrestricted motorcycle licence in the country of their residence, an international licence and travel insurance compatible with covering a motorcycle of engine capacity as hired. These documents shall be photocopied, along with Passport ID at the time of picking up the bike. Moto Explore Indonesia shall use this information for any means necessary. The Client must provide correct information. Any misrepresentation or falsification either knowingly or unknowingly, applicable to this document, deems the terms and conditions of contract void.
- The Client shall read and sign in agreement a Disclaimer Policy at the time of hire that shall exclude/Indemnify Moto Explore Indonesia, its Agents or employees from any liability of loss or damage, for any injury, death or damage to any person or property arising directly or indirectly from the Motorcycle or its use; and any loss or liability incurred by us as a result from possession, use or operation of the motorcycle by the Client.
- The Client shall be provided with a completed copy of a Motorcycle pre-hire condition report which shall be used again at the completion of the hire to finalise the post-hire condition report as conducted by the nominated Assessor.
- The Client agrees to perform daily maintenance inspections as shown at time of picking up the bike and to service/maintain liquids within normal operating limits. Costs for consumables other than fuel may be reimbursed at the completion of the hire period if receipts are provided. Failure to adequately undertake this inspection/maintenance shall be deemed as misuse/abuse.
- The Client does not make false representation of ownership of the bike in order to gain payment/services for the bike ( i.e. sell/dispose/encumber) or use the bike for illegal purposes.
- The Client agrees to ride the bike in a controlled manner, respecting other road users and pedestrians and in full compliance with statutes, traffic regulations and laws. (Extract of Indonesian traffic regulations is available upon request)
- The Client agrees not to ride the bike whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs and substances that affect the ability to ride a bike. Breach of this will result in the loss of use of the motorcycle and no recourse into reimbursement for balance of hire, travel expenses and are liable for transport costs associated with retrieving the bike.
- The Client agrees to not let others ride the bike during the period of hire.
- The Client agrees to not ride, or allow others to ride the bike in any event, sanctioned or otherwise that includes competitive riding without the prior written consent from the Company Director.
- The Client agrees to pay for all traffic infringement fines/other Police/Government charges. If the bike is compounded by Government official(s) for any reason, the Client has no recourse for reimbursement for hire and is responsible for all costs associated with the release of the bike and return to the point of hire. If fines are received after the completion of the hire period, Moto Explore shall forward the fine to the Client's address for payment. An additional administration fee of Rp500,000 shall apply.
- The Client agrees that if the bike is compounded during the period of hire and is not released in that period of hire, a daily rate equivalent to 7-13 hire rate charge shall apply until such time as the bike is returned to the point of hire.
- The Client is not permitted to take any Ducati motorcycle out of Bali unless prior written approval from Ducati, Bali is granted and affixed to the Hire Agreement. Most of our other motorcycles do not have limitations on travel, please ask for confirmation when enquiring.
- The Client agrees not to ride the motorbike on any beach where salt spray may damage the bike. If found at time of return inspection that salt spray has occurred, the full amount of the security bond will be withheld.
- The Client agrees not to ride in rivers where above the air intake or exhaust outlet. If the bike is dropped and water ingested into the bike, the full amount of the security bond will be withheld. This is applicable for Adventure motorbikes only. Road/sport motorbikes are not to be ridden through any water deeper than 100mm (10cm).
- The Client agrees not to make any modification to the bike during the period of the hire unless previous written consent has been received by the Company Director.
- The Client agrees to return the motorbike in the condition as received (full of fuel and cleaned). if the bike is not adequately cleaned upon return, costs to detail shall be deducted from the security bond.
- The Client agrees to only put Pertamax fuel when refilling and ensure that the fuel is clean and free of impurities. (Moto Explore Indonesia recommend only refuelling from Pertamina Service stations).
- If the bike is returned from a previous Client in a state not conducive to release for rental or other unforeseen circumstances exist causing the selected bike to be ready for the hire period, an alternate bike shall be provided.
- The Client shall return the bike to the agreed drop-off point determined at the commencement of the hire. If the Client is delayed beyond the return date, additional charges shall apply at the same pro-rata rate as the hire agreement rate. Payments shall be deducted from the security bond. If unable to return to the nominated location, Moto Explore Indonesia shall collect the bike at the new location, and all associated costs to retrieve shall be taken from the security bond. it is the Client's responsibility to advise us of any delay to the hire period. failure to notify may result in us advising Authorities/other that the bike is stolen and loss of any rights from the hire finish date apply. We may contract a third party to find the missing bike and retrieve, costs for this shall be taken from the security bond.
- When booking a hire motorbike, a 20% deposit is taken to secure the bike for that time period.
- Balance of payment is required five (5) days prior to the start date of the hire.
- The security bond is capped at either 5% of the replacement cost of the bike or $1000 whichever is the greater. Clients shall be advised of this amount at the time of booking. Refund of the security bond is detailed in item (26)
- If the Client has taken out the hire of a bike and a scheduled service is due during the hire period, an agreement shall be determined on a case-by-case basis as to where the bike is to be delivered for servicing and if deductions to hire agreement apply.
- The return of the security bond shall be reimbursed to the credit card once the bike has been received, assessed as having no damage other than normal wear and tear and apparel and accessories taken also determined to have no damage other than normal wear and tear. Some delay in transferring between banks may occur. We will not make any allowance for covering any discrepancy between exchange rates in the intervening time period. If the Assessor determines any item requires non standard maintenance/replacement upon inspection and review, costs to return the bike to serviceable condition shall be undertaken and costs for these works shall be taken from the security bond. An email shall be issued to the Client detailing invoice costs and calculation of balance of Security Bond pending.
- Damage/accident/force majure/theft
- The Client must advise Moto Explore Indonesia as soon as a conditional change has occurred which makes the bike unsafe to ride (whether mechanical or other) and we shall advise of appropriate action to be taken.
- In the event that the bike is stolen, the Client shall contact Moto Explore Indonesia ASAP to help mitigate from the bike being damaged/dismantled/other and to help arrange alternative transport.
- If any component/accessory is lost/stolen, please contact Moto Explore Indonesia ASAP, however note that it is the Client's responsibility to secure all items and lost/stolen goods replacement cost shall be taken from the Security bond.
- The Client must advise Moto Explore Indonesia as soon as is practicable in the event of an accident, and we will instruct/guide you through the process. Note that photographs will assist in future legal actions, if any, and complete disclosure to all questions is mandatory. This information may be required to be presented to a court of law and may also require the attendance of the rider at the time of the court appearance.
- If the accident was a result of not complying with any other 'Terms and Conditions' item, the Client has no recourse to receive any other replacement bike nor receive reimbursement for the balance of the hire.
- It is the Client's responsibility during the course of hiring the motorcycle, that for any personal injury sustained, if property damage to other occurs and/or if injury to other/s is sustained, your travel Insurance agent must be duly notified as well as to Moto Explore Indonesia.
- If damage is caused by misuse or abuse of the motorcycle and is inoperable or unsafe to ride, the Client is liable for all charges, repairs, travel/ transit fees and loss of future hire for the period the bike is inoperable.
In the event that you decide to cancel your hire we must receive notice in writing prior to the hire period.
28.1 If more than 2 weeks (15 days or more) prior; 100% of paid monies shall be reimbursed
28.2 If between 14 days to 7 days prior; 50% of paid monies shall be reimbursed
28.3 If between 7 days to 2 days prior; 20% of paid monies shall be reimbursed
28.4 If less than 48 hours prior; no reimbursement shall apply
If you decide that you want to return the motorbike back earlier than what the hire period was set, you may do so but early return charges apply. Please contact us for current charges.
- Severance: If any item or part thereof of the Terms and Conditions becomes illegal or is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be removed and all remaining legal, valid and enforceable provisions shall remain unaffected.